Here’s a game you can play with your children at home, in the car or waiting in the queue at your favourite restaurant. It’s really simple and lots of fun. There are only a few rules.
1. Someone starts and gives the name of an animal. After that, the play goes clockwise.
2. The next person has to begin the next name with the last letter of the previous one. So, if someone says ‘tiger’ the next person has to suggest an animal’s name that begins with ‘r’.
3. If someone can’t go they are out of the game. The last person remaining is the winner.
4. If someone suggests a name that begins and ends with the same letter the game goes the opposite way.
5. Have a practise round for younger players to begin with
6. Once everyone feels comfortable use other things instead of animal names.
Here’s an example: